Monday, November 3, 2014

INTERMISSION

I've had a very busy few days with very little time to blog. However, I don't want to be negligent in my commitment to myself in this area of writing.

The blog has been a cathartic therapy for me. I've had all of these pieces to this spiritual puzzle rolling around in my heart and mind for a long time and this blog is helping me put these pieces together. It's been a long journey back into the ministry sheep-fold and I'm not finished yet. There's still a few things I need to do before the next chapter in the Murphy family unfolds.

But, I'm on my way. I'm learning, growing, and changing in ways I did not think possible. I believe the journey we've been on can be used to God's glory and to help His people; at least, that is my desire and my prayer.

So, I'm getting back on the ministerial horse, as it were and last Sunday marked my return to preaching after a very long, self-imposed hiatus.  From a preparation and delivery standpoint, I definitely showed some rust.  In spite of that, I feel God was there with me using me again and THAT felt really, really good.

Here's a link to last Sunday's sermon, in case you're curious:

Your Way or Yahweh - 11/02/14

If you wanna play a game while you listen, count how many things you've read in this blog that found their way into this sermon, starting with the sermon's title.

I'll be back with more cathartic musings from the Potter's Kiln soon.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment